Thursday, November 13, 2008

EXHAUSTING Weekend!

Remember this post about me going "night-night" after spending the day with my niece and nephew? That was nothing!

I, being the brave soul I am, agreed to take Lexi, who is 8 years old, for a weekend (10/24-10/26). A WHOLE WEEKEND. My exhaustion started on Friday when my sister brought the kids down, and we shopped and then had dinner at Sonny's. Eating with Brayden is an experience. At least he's not picky like his Aunt Jenn, just doesn't want to sit still. After dinner Lexi and I headed back to my house because she was anxious to see the dogs (nope, she didn't care to see Aunt Jenn or Uncle Rob, she was here for the dogs).

Saturday was a lot of fun, Rob and I took Lexi to the Hunsader Farms annual Pumpkin Festival. We did the corn maze, ate roasted corn, played in the butterfly tent, looked at crafts, and let Lexi run around and burn some energy. And then gave her cotton candy. And then had lunch - which includes dessert - at Friendly's. And I'm still wondering why I sleep so good when I'm with her?!?

Most of our time at my house was spent doing crafts. Lexi had a ball creating things out of my supplies. She even made Uncle Rob a birthday card (for a couple weeks later). Sunday I took Lexi for breakfast, where she ate all of hers and part of mine, then I took her to the park to run around. We finally headed up to meet Tracy for dinner. Lexi loved riding around in my car, she just laid back and relaxed!

I went home and pretty much crashed after that lol! And even started my new job the next day!!

Here are some pics of the weekend:

Jenn (who thinks she might finally be recovered three weeks later)

No comments: