Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Honey!

Today Rob and I celebrate 11 years of marriage. Can't believe it's been that long!

We had a wonderful day together, starting with cards and a quick snack at home. Then off to a chili cook-off at the local Harley Davidson store. They had a precision riding team that was awesome to watch, and several of the chilis were good. We won a raffle prize, $25 to a local pizza place.

I have never seen so many motorcycles in one place!


The best thing there (besides the Humane Society adoptable doggies who I wanted to take home) was this pup:

Since I don't ride a bike, I haven't had the occasion to visit other Harley stores so I don't know how they compare. But I think our local one is pretty cool!

After that, we went to the aquarium and walked around for a couple hours. I managed to have a dead camera battery, so spent WAY TOO MUCH on a disposable camera. Wow, I haven't used one of those in YEARS lol. So I don't really have any pics to share of fish yet. Here's one of the gators - they are so funny how they just float with their heads above water and their bodies under.

And here's an owl.

After the aquarium, we went to Bennigan's (one of the few remaining; it is independently owned) for an early dinner, then went to the Manatee Viewing Center. We didn't see any faces, but it was amazing how many manatees were in the water! You could see a bit of their backs above the surface. No pics at all, because they are on my disposable film camera! Rob bought me a stuffed manatee, so I'm happy lol.

Now we're home and someone is not feeling well because he ate too much chili then a whole meal at Bennigan's and somehow bumped his head on the car. Oh, did the "he" part give away who that someone is lol? ;)

I had a wonderful day with the guy I love - here's to 11 more (plus plus plus) years!
Jenn




2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you had a great day :)
Happy Anniversary :o)

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.