Monday, October 5, 2009

Trying to be good

I discovered that one cup of sugar is 774 CALORIES. Which means that when I drink close to a gallon of sweet tea in one day, that's 500-700 calories I'm DRINKING. Ugg.

So I stopped making sweet tea at home, and it's killing me. I still get it out, but I don't eat out that often anymore, so I don't get my daily fix. I'm dying lol!

I am also trying to eat better. Today I did go to lunch, but had one taco instead of my usual two. (Did have the tea though lol!) Still trying to cook, and make better snack choices. Sometimes I fail (like this evening I had a bunch of the light Lay's Kettle-Cooked Chips - yum!), but I'm doing good overall.

Please tell me this drastic reduction of my biggest vice/addiction will get better!
Jenn

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I give you so much credit for trying to start new good habits Jenn!!! Good girl :)Keep up the good work :) I'm doing the same here :) I've joined the gym and I'm trying to get back to losing with P.R.I.D.E :) My sister has lost close to 100 lbs so far with that simple method so I'm trying to get back to that mindset and do the same :)

As far as the sweetened tea thing goes... have you tried artificial sweeteners? I know they have some now that are suppose to be real close to the sugar taste :)

Julie said...

My worst enemy is Dr. Pepper... I drink way. too. much. =(

Kudos to you for starting new habits!!

Unknown said...

Jenn I just stumbled across your blog and my daughter is a diabetic and loves sweet tea. She doesn't drink sodas diet or regular. I make sweet tea everyday. I use Splenda instead of regular sugar. To me it still taste like sweet tea and she is pleased. So you might try it.