Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historical Day

(Aren't you proud of me? I designed the above layout myself using Word - haven't mastered PE yet lol. I'm using it as my picture for today in my Project 365 album - more on that later).

Today is a day to remember. Yes, Obama is half-black, and that's a first for the office of President. But more importantly, Obama is ready to make changes that this country needs. I know it won't happen overnight, although I sure wish it would. We haven't been affected by the economy like so many others, so we are very lucky. It scares me that so many large companies have gone under (Circuit City, Linens-N-Things, etc). I've noticed that the lunch places I frequent have punch cards where you get a free lunch after buying so many, in an effort to bring people in (no complaints about that lol).

I'll admit, I wasn't planning to watch any of the Inauguration ceremony. I wasn't interested in the last few either. But I happened to be at lunch while all the TVs had it on, and it gave me a chill to watch history in the making.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next 4 years brings.
Jenn

No comments: