Monday, September 14, 2009

Banana Bread!

Don't these brown, mushy bananas look yummy? My mother-in-law would probably eat them this way, but for me, the only thing to do with them is make banana bread!

So I combined all the ingredients, and mixed. I own a mixer!
This is the result - I've already had two pieces with butter, and can't wait until breakfast tomorrow morning to have a couple toasted slices!
For all you smart-alecks out there, I made the bread from scratch and DID NOT use a mix! Here's the recipe to prove it:

2 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp oil (I use applesauce instead)
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2-3 really ripe bananas
1 cup finely chopped nuts (I didn't add nuts)

Enjoy!
Jenn

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Okay, I thought I was shocked when you said you made a meat loaf, I know you don't cook. But do Dinner done.

But now i'm really shocked! You actually made home made banana bread. Yay for you!

Sue said...

I think this may signal the end of the world as we know it! Jenn bakes!

Yummy looking banana bread, by the way.