Sunday, September 6, 2009

What a pathetic picture!

My poor baby girl - we had to take a trip to the emergency vet last night, and now she's got to wear a lampshade collar (I know that's not the real name, but that's what they look like lol. Madigan has a ruptured anal gland - not as gross as you might think, but it's not pretty either. She was sedated and so when I took her home she was real woozy and stumbled around. Then she woke up and fought like the devil to get that collar off. She succeeded a few times before I tightened it - much to her dismay. She spent all night crying and occasionally banging it against the ground, wall, chair, anything to get it off. Didn't work :) I've left it off today, which is a good thing - every time I approached her when it was on, she got up and abruptly turned around so she was facing away from me. Silent treatment from the baby!
If you are in my area and need an emergency vet - I HIGHLY recommend the one on the northeast corner of Kings/Lumsden next to the Mobil/Exxon station. They were great!
Jenn

No comments: