Monday, May 19, 2008

Thyroid Surgery Update & Good Thoughts Needed

I saw my Surgeon this afternoon. He's not going to take the whole thyroid out, just most of it, unless the Pathologist determines there's cancer. I found out where my incision will be, and that I should recover pretty quickly (yay!). But did I really need to know that once he makes the incision he has to move muscle aside to get to my thyroid, and that there's a wee chance my vocal cord could be hit and make me hoarse for a bit? And my surgery can be anytime - 7am to 4pm. I'm hoping if it's too early they just wheel me in and let me go back to sleep lol! But later, and not being able to eat past midnight? A girl's gotta eat!

I shouldn't be so shallow - it could be lots worse and I'm thankful that even if it is cancer, I'll be cured. My friend who is the same age as me is going in for a double mastectomy and reconstruction later this week to hopefully eliminate her breast cancer. So please keep her in your thoughts.

Jenn

1 comment:

Steph said...

You're going to be fine !! We are going to get thru these little speed bumps in life, together !! Hang in there, girl !! Love ya !!! And, thanks for thinking of me.