Friday, September 19, 2008

Thyroid Update

I haven't posted a pic in awhile, so I'm doing it now - three months after surgery. Dr. S. did an awesome job of stapling me up!

I went to see Dr. H., my endocrinologist, yesterday. He was kinda rude and said that he "told" me I should have gotten the whole thing out. I mentioned that to Dr. S. who said it wasn't necessary. Dr. H. seems to think I'll end up having the rest out sooner or later. Ugg!


Meanwhile, my friend Christy's MIL had surgery today to remove her thyroid due to cancer - but she'll be cured with the procedure!
Jenn

2 comments:

Sue said...

Your neck's looking great Jenn! Grrr to them not taking the whole thing the first time.

Christy said...

It looks great Jenn. Hopefully you won't have to go thru that again. My MIL had her surgery to remove the lump/cancer on Friday. She got to go home on Saturday. They were not happy with her hospital stay (Maryland hospital) so was happy to leave. This week is her Hormone doc appt. and something like chemo, where they put in like a dye and it kills away all the leftover cancer. Chemo kills everything, this other stuff just the cancer. She still can't talk much. Glad your neck is looking good and you are feeling good.