Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pour Some Sugar on Me!

Last night Rob and I went to see Cheap Trick, Poison, and Def Leppard in concert at the Amphitheater - they rocked! And Live Nation has deals every Wednesday - this week it was $15 reserved seats/$10 lawn seats w/ no service charges. So for $30 we both got to enjoy a great concert!

Cheap Trick opened, I though I knew more of their songs but apparantly not. They were pretty good though. Here's a pic - taken with my phone. They didn't let us bring cameras in, but so many people had them I wish I had taken mine anyway!

I'd seen Poison once or twice before, loved them again! I guess they don't have anything new b/c they played all their older hits. Rob asked what "Unskinny Bop" was supposed to mean, then decided it meant bopping a fat girl. So of course I came back with "next time we 'bop' you better not start singing!" LOL. During their set, it POURED. We were in the last row of the reserved seats, and got as wet as those on the lawn. Everyone just covered their drinks with their hands (gotta protect the beverages!) and continued dancing and singing along. Our clothes were still wet 3 hours later when we got home! No pics, the couple I took with my phone were too blurry.

I missed seeing Def Leppard as a teen, so I was thrilled to get to see them live - they did not disappoint! What a great show! They played mostly their late 80s/early 90s hits, along with some newer ones and a couple covers. I will definitely see them again if they come back. When I told my mom I was going to the concert the first thing she said was "I want to go to that!", so next time I will check with her first before buying tix!

While we were there, they were selling $10 no fee lawn tix for Crue Fest - so I got one for me and one for a friend. Can't wait - Motley Crue, Godsmack, Drowning Pool, Theory of a Deadman, and another band I've never heard of (Charm City Devils). The tickets are quite ragged at this point - folded in my pocket through the rain! Oh well, at least they are still readable, and I'm sure ours won't be the only ones like that!

I needed cash to get the tickets and drinks, so rather than using the expensive ATM, I found someone buying t-shirts w/ cash, paid for her shirts, and took the cash lol. Worked well, and no ATM fees!

Rock on!
Jenn

No comments: