Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tips for CTMH Ink Tower

I was so excited last summer at the Close to My Heart convention when they announced we'd be getting an ink storage solution! I bought it immediately and love love love it!

Joann's has a plastic divided basket right now in the back-to-school storage section that fits perfectly in the reinker tray that sits on top of the tower. I got my basket 50% off - paid a whopping $1.99! It comes in pink (shown), gray, blue, and green (I think those are the colors). I am storing my Glimmer Mists and Dabbers in it.
You'll notice I've added my name in bling - I plan to add some pretty white rub-ons too, just haven't gotten around to it. The opposite side of the tower is a blank canvas - you could add some plastic hooks (love the 3M Command ones - strong but removable), or do like I did - I added a small piece of velcro to the tower and the back of my color wheel, and attached it. I can take it down or use it while it's hanging.
Another tip is for markers/pens shorter than CTMH ones. The pen slots are long - gel pens, American Crafts markers, etc, won't fit without potentially getting stuck all the way in. So I took drinking straws (try to find the larger ones), cut them into small sections, and slid them in each slot - now my shorter pens fit with no worries of them getting stuck!

If you have any other tips, let me know!
Jenn

1 comment:

Sheila Bennett said...

The divided basket looks like a good idea, I love my ink tower too - much more than I thought I would. And my top bin holds all my acrylix blocks.

And that is a great tip to use a piece of a drinking straw in the holder for shorter pens. I have used a small piece of cardstock folded in half, but a straw would be sturdier.