Tuesday, June 10, 2008

33 Hours and Counting...

About 33 hours from now I should be getting my throat sliced open. I'll have already been at the hospital for a couple hours, waiting to be knocked out.

I've spent the past few days trying not to be nauseous. I took Tylenol PM on Sunday night, but forgot last night - what a difference those two little pills made! I took it again tonight, so I should crash in about an hour. I made the mistake of looking up info about my surgery online. BIG MISTAKE. I really am one of those people for whom ignorance is bliss. I'd rather not know, then the reality is usually not too bad. I haven't packed my bag yet, but the stuffed doggie is gonna be the first thing in there, since I don't think I'd be comfortable with Rob curled up beside me in a hospital bed.

Speaking of Rob, he actually complained to me that I was "setting [him] up for a really boring day on Thursday". Huh? Does he think I'll be laughing and having a grand ol' time? I'd rather sit there and entertain someone else rather than being cut open! Ding-dong! He really is a good guy, he just had a momentary bout of bad judgement :)

My niece, Lexi, is such a sweetheart - she offered to watch the puppies for me while I was in the hospital. My sister reassured her that her Uncle Rob was going to take care of them. She accepted that! She also agreed with her Uncle Rob that ice cream wasn't good for you - traitor! She did admit it tasted good though - and that it could be good for you if it has strawberries in it.

Please think healing thoughts for me - I'll need them!
Jenn

2 comments:

Monica said...

Jenn, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everything goes well.. don't stress too much.. I'm sure the surgery will be a success!

Hugs! Monica

Christy said...

Jenn I will be thinking of you and I KNOW this surgery is going to go perfect. If you need anything, please call me. You should have my number.