Sunday, June 22, 2008

Healing but it's driving me crazy!

I took the rest of the tape off my incision, and it's really healing nicely. But it's still tight and itchy! Love the staple marks lol.
I Googled "soothe scab" and among other quite interesting sites, I came up with one on how to stop picking at a scab - the list of things I need are:
  • acknowledgement that we must leave it alone
  • anti-itch cream
  • clothing to cover the sore
  • or bandaids
  • or a liquid wound sealant

I got such a kick out of the first one! I'm gonna try some lotion or something tonight, because this is driving me nuts!

I thought I was getting a cold - yesterday I was very lethargic. I'm much better today, though. Heading to bed soon since I'm going to attempt to go to work in the morning.

BTW - Regina Harris - thanks for the suggestion on the Maderma, I got some and will start using as soon as I heal a bit more!

Jenn

2 comments:

MomInTraining3 said...

Jenn, its looking good. Hopefully the itchness will go away soon.

Adriane Kelly Winchester said...

Mederma is awesome! I used it on my forehead when my head hit the rearview mirrow after a drunk driver rearended me years ago... now you can barely see the scar!!!