Monday, June 16, 2008

Update and Cookies

I am doing much better, although I've progressed to the annoying stage of any incision - the itchy tightness stage! I get longer bursts of energy, and I'm bored - which I take to be a good sign that I'm feeling better! Still no major pain. Moved to either nothing or plain Tylenol during the day, and still taking percocet at night since it knocks me out. My voice sounds really funny. I'm hoping that it goes back to normal, especially since voice issues are a side effect of thyroidectomies!

I was showing Rob my bruise from where they drew blood at 5am on Friday morning. I tried to get a pic, but it didn't turn out. The woman came in, asked if she could turn the light on (at least my tech and nurse left the lights off, but then again, they weren't stabbing me with needles), and which side was best. I covered my head with the blanket, and held out my right arm. She proceeded to tap on my arm. Unhappy, she walked around and tapped on my other arm. She then walked around and tapped on the back of my right hand. Satisfied she had a vein and ignoring my comments that my veins were alseep, she poked me with the needle, finished up, and left me alone. Can't they do that at a normal time?!?

The doorbell rang about 5pm tonight. Rob muttered something about how if it weren't for the fact that he's usually here to get the packages, he'd think I was having an affair with the UPS guy. He brings me a box from Mrs. Field's Cookies, now accusing me of sending myself cookies since I had surgery lol. Turns out to be a cute gift basket from my coworkers, Lesa, Stephanie, Lisa, Toni, Katie, Debbie, and Jill. Thanks girls! I tried the macadamia nut ones first - YUM! And of course the basket itself will be used in my scrap room. I'm sure Lisa A. is behind the POLKA-DOTTED ribbon wrapped around the basket though! ;) (It was much prettier than this - I re-tied the bow to take a pic lol).


Thanks to all who have kept me in your thoughts - it sure is working and I've enjoyed talking online to many of you this week!

Jenn

No comments: