Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Have Office Supplies in My Neck?!?

When Dr. S (my surgeon) said staples, I didn't realize he really meant those metal things that hold paper together! I took a pic of my incision - gross but still kinda cool. The mark below it is where my drain was. You can see a bit of my new purple jammies. And some of my gross unwashed hair lol - getting ready to take my first shower in two days, woohoo!

My first night at home went well, although I can definitely appreciate why I was in the hospital overnight - my bed doesn't automatically raise and lower lol! Rob was a super nurse, getting me my meds as I needed them. Poor guy, I woke him up at 3am to find out when I'd had them last because I really have no concept of time! I was able to get pudding and the meds myself, but he got up and was ready to help anyway. Love that man!


Jenn


3 comments:

Adriane Kelly Winchester said...

Battle scars!!! They aren't too bad - I am sure they will heal fine :)

Unknown said...

eeek!

Looks painful, but you look great! Smiling and everything!

Kudos to Rob for being such a good sport and caregiver. :)

When do you get to go back to work?

MomInTraining3 said...

oh my Jenn. Your poor thing. Yeah to Robb for being such a helper.