Friday, June 20, 2008

Final Report - NO CANCER!!!

I went to get my staples out today and get the final pathology report - no cancer! I am so relieved that everything turned out ok. Now I can focus on getting the right meds so that I feel better.


Having the staples removed didn't hurt a bit - I thought for sure it would. I can't believe they stayed in my neck - take a look at what they look like compared to a regular staple. Of course, once you use a regular staple it's folded - but these weren't, and they just stayed where they were supposed to! I know, it doesn't take much to impress me lol. Being the scrapbooker I am, I did keep a couple of the staples - so the ones you see below were the ones used on my neck!


After the staples were out, the doctor put all this tape on my neck. I think he thinks it's staying there a few days. Um, yeah, ok, whatever. Two pieces that were on top are already gone, and it hadn't even been 8 hours.



After we left the doctor's office (Rob took me), we went to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast, to Wal-Mart, and home. Then I took a long nap since I didn't sleep much last night. The tape wasn't horrible to sleep in, much better than the staples!

Got some more good news when I woke up and read my e-mail - my friend who has breast cancer saw her oncologist - and since they got everything out when they did her double masectomy, she doesn't need radiation or chemo - so no more oncologist! I'm so happy for her! Hugs, girlfriend!

Jenn

3 comments:

Adriane Kelly Winchester said...

Jenn - thats great! Woo hoo!!!

Christy said...

WOOOHOOOOO JENN, congrats. That is so great. Glad everything worked out so good.

ReginaHarris said...

Jenn,
I hope your recovery continues to go well. I had similar surgery with large 3" plus incision to remove my parathyroid on 4/25 and at the time thought that I didn't want any pictures nor souvenirs. I wish I had been brave enough to have done as you did.

The Physicians's assistant suggested that I use Mederma cream to help the incision heal and minimize scaring. You can purchase at Target or any drug store. It has worked great for me--much better than Vitamin E I used on the incisions from two other surgeries this year.