Friday, June 27, 2008

Minor Setback

I did pretty good Monday at work, made it until about 4:30. Tuesday I had to work all day, and hurt so bad Tuesday night because of it. Then Wednesday went great, no pain or discomfort. Until...

Late Wednesday night I started really hurting, worse than I had the whole recovery time. And my neck was swollen and a band was sticking out - like I was one of those aliens with a ring around its neck. I didn't sleep at all, and couldn't turn my head very far. Same thing Thursday morning. I missed work and slept off and on until 2pm. Thank goodness Thursday night was much better, and so was today!

I went to the doctor (same guy who took out my staples, Dr. S is on vacay still) this morning to make sure I wasn't turning into an alien or something, and he reassured me that I was fine. Turns out it's the muscle that Dr. S cut and moved around and then had to attach back together. It's healing, and although it sticks out and feels funny (feels tender and hard when I touch it), it's normal. He also suggested I start on Motrin 3x/day with meals to help with the discomfort. So I just popped a couple and am crossing my toes that I'll sleep well (I can't cross my fingers while I'm typing, or who knows what would come out).

TGIF - I'll be able to rest this weekend! Hoping to play in my scrap room some :)
Jenn

1 comment:

Steph said...

It's amazing what we can put our bodies thru! And, we have no idea what happened once we got put under. Cut muscles, moved organs around Ewww!!!!
But, hey, we are healthy and we are healing and we are going to be fine, right !!!
Love ya bunches!
Hang in there -- every day a little better.
Steph